Fun in the Rising Sun

Conichiwa my dear friends!
Throughout the coming month I will be blogging my way around the weird and wonderful "Land of the Rising Sun", Japan; home of Sushi, Soba, Wasabi, Karate, Judo, Sumo, Honda, Toshiba, Yamaha, the Japanese Spitz, Manga, Geishas, Kamikazi and Hari-Kiri - the list goes on. Oh, and incidentally the birthplace of my friend Hiromasa Sebata, but he's not famous.
Anyway, keep up to date with my adventures right here at "AVY IN JAPAN".
Banzaaaaaaaaaaiiiii!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Castles and Gardens

The Japanese love their castles and gardens so it was fitting that I spend one day visiting a good example of each. I dedicated my second day in Hiroshima to two short excursions outside of the city, first to Okayama which has one of the three most beautiful gardens in Japan, Koraku-en, and then to Himeji-jo, the most impressive original Japanese castle left standing. I don't have much to tell except to say that they were both well worth it and to show you my best photographs with my 3rd disposable camera. I think I was getting better at using them, but you can be the judge of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment