Fun in the Rising Sun

Conichiwa my dear friends!
Throughout the coming month I will be blogging my way around the weird and wonderful "Land of the Rising Sun", Japan; home of Sushi, Soba, Wasabi, Karate, Judo, Sumo, Honda, Toshiba, Yamaha, the Japanese Spitz, Manga, Geishas, Kamikazi and Hari-Kiri - the list goes on. Oh, and incidentally the birthplace of my friend Hiromasa Sebata, but he's not famous.
Anyway, keep up to date with my adventures right here at "AVY IN JAPAN".
Banzaaaaaaaaaaiiiii!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Tokyo - The Big City


I thought London was big - not any more. If London can be called a big city, then Tokyo can be called a Megalopolis. If New York is a Big Apple, then Tokyo is a genetically modified water melon. Tel-Aviv is a small village in comparison; it's about as big as one of Tokyo's neighbourhoods. Today I got a birds eye-view of this monster and it just continued to spread as far as the eye could see. All I can say is it's good i'm staying for a week; I might be able to see a fraction of it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! When I first saw the picture (the first one), I thought it was Sao Paulo. I called Claudia to take a look at the picture without knowing where it is and she said Sao Paulo too...

    I am really impressed by the similarity.
    You have lot to see... Is better to hurry up! ;-)

    Have fun and enjoy!!!
    Ps: you didn't take a picture of the escalator with the trolley?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an amazing city; it has everything, probably like San Paulo and it's huge like San Paulo, just without the crime; it's almost the perfect city; the language is the only problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are two things that Sao Paulo has and Tokyo doesn't. One you already said: crime but this they can fix (I hope...). And the other is the Brazilians!!!

    This is exclusive!!! And no one will have it out of Brazil. Hahahaha!!! :-D

    Kidding! I hope you are enjoining it a lot!

    ReplyDelete